Gates, Hudson & Associates, Inc. Rental Application Requirements and Disclosures
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the nation. We encourage and support an affirmative advertising and marketing program in which there are no barriers to obtaining housing because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, familial status, handicap or any other state or local protected class status.
1. Applicant hereby tenders, in addition to all other deposits and fees described below, a NON-REFUNDABLE application fee.
2. Applicant agrees to rent the apartment and hereby tenders payment in the amount of $100.00 as a reservation fee to be applied towards rent. Unless this application is withdrawn by the applicant, in writing, by the close of the next business day, Landlord shall be entitled to offset its claims for lost rent against the reservation fee and applicant may be additionally liable for up to one month’s rent.
3. Applicant agrees to remit a deposit (if applicable based on the consumer credit report, and any other information Landlord deems necessary, for the purpose of evaluating the application) to be applied as a security deposit and/or to be applied to any actual expenses and damages suffered by Gates, Hudson & Associates, Inc., and/or its principal, due by reason of Applicant’s failure or refusal to pay rent for the subject apartment.
APPLICANT MUST SIGN A LEASE WITHIN FIVE (5) DAYS OF NOTIFICATION OF ACCEPTANCE OR MOVE-IN, WHICHEVER OCCURS FIRST. If the scheduled move-in date is two weeks or less from the Date of Application, all deposits and payments must be in the form of certified funds. If this Application is cancelled by the applicant, in writing, by the close of the next business day then the entire security deposit shall be refunded within 10 days.
4. Applicant agrees to tender upon move-in, in addition to all other deposits and fees, a non-refundable move-in fee.
5. This Application is taken subject to approval of Gates, Hudson & Associates, Inc., and/or its principal. If this Application is not approved, any deposit(s)/fee(s), with the exception of the application fee, shall be refunded to Applicant(s) without liability on the part of Gates, Hudson & Associates, Inc., and/or its principal.
6. If it is determined that any information provided on this Application is false, any Lease Agreement entered into in reliance on this Application may, at the option of Gates, Hudson & Associates, Inc., and/or its principal, be terminated at any time.
7. Applicant agrees to notify Gates, Hudson & Associates, Inc., and/or its principal, of any material change in the information provided on this Application.
8. Applicant authorizes Gates, Hudson & Associates, Inc., and/or its principal, and any credit bureau or other investigative agency acting on their behalf, to investigate and verify the information provided on this Application at any time in connection with this Lease Agreement.
9. Applicant and Co-Applicants agree to be jointly and severally liable for all obligations contained in this Application and the Lease Agreement.
An approved third party reporting agency will secure a credit report and conduct a criminal background investigation.
Applicant(s) must have a valid, verifiable Social Security Number (SSN) in order to process their application through our Resident Screening Software.
Applicants without SSN must:
1) Provide documentation of their Immigrant status, which is a permanent visa for someone that has been given the right to live in the US.
2) Provide documentation of their Nonimmigrant Visa, which is a temporary visa, such as a student, tourist, diplomat, or businessperson.